Last December I was challenged to “hit the ground running” in 2012. Sick with Dengue fever, tired, and overwhelmed, all I could think of was “hitting the ground”. However I find myself in the month of March having sprinted through the last 2 months, and I don’t dare look back! Read about some of the incredible things God is doing here. Seriously, you gotta read it. It’s nuts!
- teacher training center
- old dorm new dorm
- language learning
- prayer requests
What’s the best way to create quality schools? Create quality teachers. Years of work previously done by the team here is culminating as ground was broken to build our new teacher training and early childhood development center. The program will be multifaceted, including training for teachers from all over the country as well as training teachers who will later go teach in one of our schools out in the villages. The need is pressing, the vision is great, and we step out in faith trusting that God will provide the funds needed for this center. (If you are interested in helping sponsor the building of this teacher training center, send me an email and I’ll get you in contact with the right people.)
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time spent in this dorm with local college students but am excited about my upcoming transition to living with and developing students in our teacher training center. We are still praying through the details of this, but my ministry will be making a transition into greater involvement with the residence life of those involved in our new teacher training program.
S-Village is a tiny village nested in the mountains of a remote region of this country. S-village has practiced a local religion for all of it’s existence, but as times change this village struggles for survival. To save themselves they beg for education. With the new generation thirsty for a new religion, will they be quenched by a government majority religion school, or will we be able to open a school there and teach them the ways of the kingdom? Pray for S-village and for our team as we search for ways to save the souls of this village.
I’M ALMOST DONE!!!! Well with formal classes that is. Language learning has been a test of perseverance for me. I’m not fluent yet but I am encouraged as I near the end of my formal language classes. I’ve appreciated the prayers, keep ‘em coming!
Despite all that is going on, I am still teaching grade 9. It has been a great semester so far as we just finished a section on Worldviews. We will be taking a short trip to a village school up near one of the volcanos later next month. I have also begun teaching CPR and first aid to four 11th grade students hungry to learn. It has been fun for all of us.
Ok brace yourself–there’s lots:
- for God to provide the funding for the new Teacher Training and Early Childhood Development Center
- for God to continue to drive the vision of the teacher training program
- for God to guide me personally as I transition to new ministry in teacher training residence life
- for my move out of my old dorm, that relationships would remain positive and that I might still be a light to those I am leaving
- for God to provide a teacher from our faith who can live in S-Village and start a school there
- for God to knock on the hearts of the people living in S-Village and that they would respond
- for my language learning, that it would not be a discouragement or hinderance to my ministry, and that my language would come quickly
- for my grade 9 students as they prepare for national testing, and that they would continue to be receptive to what God might teach them this semester
- for my CPR students, that they would be ready and willing to utilize the knowledge given to them
- for the 9 teachers in town this month from all over the country participating in teacher training
- for some of my friends who have to deal with extremely difficult circumstances due to their choice to follow our religion instead of the majority religion
Thank you for your prayers!